Well I might as well put this subscription to some better use. I've been very busy lately and ignoring dA in the process. I swear I check nearly every day but it's only for maybe 5-10 minutes at a time to sort through my messages. So here's what I've been up to:
- I got a job as a work study at my school tutoring ESOL students. I was hoping to use my wages to save up for my dental work but I've been spending it on school supplies instead.
- Still, I've managed to save $560 so far for my teeth fund by putting away all of my birthday and Christmas money. Big thanks to Pretty-Angel and CodenameParanormal for the donations. Love you guys!
- I bought dental insurance though so that should help a lot when it comes to paying for things.
- I got two third place finishes and one honorable mention at my school's annual student art show which is the best finish I've received in the three years I've participated. I tied with one of my friends for the most ribbons won by a student in a single art show. On one hand, I'm always happy to place, and I'm even happier with the prizes. On the other hand, I was hoping my 3D entry would've placed higher. This is the first time my 2D pieces have ever won anything and that actually disappoints me because the drawing I entered wasn't something I worked very hard on. I put in work that I was proud of in the past and got nothing, and this year I throw in an ink drawing because it was there and whatever and I freaking get an honorable mention.
- I am now the Vice-President for my school's art club, the Studio Rats.
Speaking of art club, part of the reason I've been so busy is because
of the work I've been doing for the club. Last month, we put together our own art show on campus called "What is Art?" We had traditional paintings, drawings, sculptures, and ceramic pieces but also included chocolate showpieces, a free form candle sculpture, and one person had an installation piece. We spent 8 hour days for a week setting it all up so I want to show my watchers the fruits of our labor. All of the works and the whole set up was done by students in the club.
The room was rather small but I think we managed to utilize our space well and put together an interesting show. The shoe sculptures you see below was what opened our show. We used tempura paint to place footprints from each entrance in the building and had them all leading towards the gallery room.
Charcoal drawings by Hannah Cruz (Dracorium
Acrylic paintings by Hannah Cruz (Dracorium
Acrylic painting by Thiang Uk
Chocolate showpiece by Hanh Nguyen and Wallace Hill Lowery III. Don't forget to check out my other account with my pastry work. DictatorDelights
Ceramic plate by Valentina Trinidad
Acrylic painting by Patricia Singer
Chocolate showpiece by Paul & Cora
Ink drawing by Hannah Cruz (Dracorium
Chocolate showpiece by Amanda and Janette